Shahid Kapoor's parents Pankaj Kapoor and Supriya Pathak are already in the capital for their son's wedding to Mira Rajput.
Tinsel Town and all Shahid Kapoor's fans are all geared up for one of the biggest weddings this year. The actor is tying the knot with Delhi-based girl Mira Rajput on July 7, and one could spot Shahid's parents Pankaj Kapoor and Supriya Pathak make their way to an upscale Gurgaon hotel in the National Capital Region on Sunday (July 5).
As Shahid and Mira get ready to say 'I do', here's a low-down on all you need to know:
1. Venue: After the Chattarpur home wedding, Shahid, Mira and their parents will make their way to the Gurgaon hotel for the after-party.
2. No Greece, No Bachelors': Shahid Kapoor's tight work schedule prevented him from hosting a bachelor's bash in Greece. The wedding, too, it had earlier been speculated, was to take place in the European country. However, owing to work issues, the actor had to give it a miss.
3. Bridal Shower: Mira's bridal shower-cum-bachelorette-party had taken place at her Chattarpur home earlier this year. Shahid was a part of the festivities.
4. Wedding Invite: The invitation card for Shahid-Mira's wedding had made its way to social media a couple of days back. Crafted in off-white and green colours, the card was a visual delight of sorts.
5. Only Family, Please: Pre-wedding ceremonies like the Sangeet and Mehendi is a family- and close friends-only affair.
6. High on Spirituality: The leader of Radha Soami Satsang Beas will also be present at the wedding to bless the couple. Both Shahid and Mira's families are members of the religious group, and it is there that the two had met.
7. Vegetarian Food: The menu for the wedding will be a vegetarian one, given the fact that both Shahid and Mira's families, and several people in attendance are members of the Radha Soami Satsang Beas. For the after-party, however, a lavish spread with dishes from both Indian and Continental cuisines will be on offer.
8. Paan, too: Apart from the food, various kinds of Jaipuri paan will also be part of the menu for the evening.
9. Wardrobe Details: While Shahid's wardrobe has been designed by his friend, designer Kunal Rawal, the task of crafting Mira's trousseau was Anamika Khanna's.